Monday, October 31, 2011

Local Restaurant Guide

If you are like me, you have driven past many a restaurant and wondered if it is worth a try. I recently opened up my latest issue of Katy Lifestyles & Homes Magazine to see the Dining Guide.  Running down the list I realized that I am a creature of habit. I have tried the majority of the list, but my local favorites are slim. Not that we don’t have an abundance of food option in Katy, I just tend to go to my favorites.  If you want some good recommendations here are my favs, in not particular order except for my #1.
-          Hacienda Guanajuato will always take #1 in my restaurant favorites!  My current obsession is the Enchiladas Poblanas with are a close resemblance to Cyclone Anya’s Enchiladas Suiza. Tasty!
-          At The Original Marini’s Empanada House I recommend the gaucho empanada alongside the caramel apple empanada for dessert.
-          Hasta la Pasta has a dish I crave with the same name, the Hasta La Pasta. You can bet that if it takes the name of the restaurant, the chef must do a stand up job. Be sure to eat lots of the rolls with hot butter or the herbed olive oil, it will leave you in a carb euphoria!
-          9’ers Grill is cheaper than the large chain restaurants Red Robin and Fuddruckers but stays on par with the quality. My constant recommendation is just get a burger, any burger but add avocado!
-          It’s dessert time! I love Ooh La La, but you must go to the one on Westheimer Pkwy if you want to enjoy the atmosphere. Their coffee is a few bucks cheaper than Starbucks and just as tasty, they have pie, cake, cake balls, cookies, and their best-known staple is their cupcakes. I have attended many a wedding or baby shower with cupcake towers. They also have cupcakes of the month, one I failed to try in time was their blueberry cupcake with maple icing…but their daily favorites are also a hit Margaritaville, Peach Melba, S’Mores and Pina Colada.
I eat out often, probably too often and as you can tell I appreciate local restaurants over big chain restaurants. If you want a local recommendation just let me know, chances are I have probably tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment